Persistent dryness and exports prospects supporting grain markets
The big Monday cattle rally probably pulled CME lean hog futures upward as well, although bulls in the swine pit could also point to the discount built into nearby hog futures with just over two weeks before the February contract expires. However, the cash hog and wholesale pork markets are not cooperating very well with those in the bullish camp. For example, after having climbed consistently since mid-December, the CME lean hog index seems set to slip 0.09 cents to 88.42 cents/pound when officially quoted Wednesday morning. Direct country markets posted lower quotes again this morning, although the latter preliminary figures are not reliable. In the end, we are not confident the hog market gain rally all that substantially in the absence of bullish leadership from the cattle/beef complex. February hogs had slipped 0.10 cents to 87.07 cents/pound just before the lunch hour, whereas June futures had climbed 0.60 cents to 98.25.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment