Pan American Fertilizer acquires Exumer Corporation S.A.
Pan American Fertilizer Corp. announced that it has acquired 100 percent of Exumer Corporation S.A., as part of the previously announced expansion of operations to Uruguay with the intention to grow its market share in the fertilizer industry within South America.
"We are pleased with the addition of Exumer to the Pan American brand." commented Randy Wright CEO of Pan American. "Exumer is an important piece to expanding our South American operations and growing our South American market share within the fertilizer industry. We look forward to operating in a business friendly and agricultural focused country such as Uruguay, and we believe that this is a significant step forward in expanding our brand."
Wright will act as Exumer's director and chief executive officer on behalf of Pan American's interest.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta