Pan American Fertilizer acquires Exumer Corporation S.A.
Pan American Fertilizer Corp. announced that it has acquired 100 percent of Exumer Corporation S.A., as part of the previously announced expansion of operations to Uruguay with the intention to grow its market share in the fertilizer industry within South America.
"We are pleased with the addition of Exumer to the Pan American brand." commented Randy Wright CEO of Pan American. "Exumer is an important piece to expanding our South American operations and growing our South American market share within the fertilizer industry. We look forward to operating in a business friendly and agricultural focused country such as Uruguay, and we believe that this is a significant step forward in expanding our brand."
Wright will act as Exumer's director and chief executive officer on behalf of Pan American's interest.
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals