OSU to present “Bioproduct innovation of the year” award
Ohio State University's Bioproducts Innovation Center (OBIC) is now seeking nominations for its inaugural "Bioproduct Innovation of the Year" award, which will recognize leadership from within the emerging biobased products industry.
The award will be presented as part of the Bioproducts World Showcase and Conference, which is being organized by OBIC and will be held Oct. 5-8 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and Hilton Hotel in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The goal of this first-of-its-kind event is to accelerate the manufacturing, distribution and use of biobased products.
Through the award nomination and recognition process, manufacturers will have the opportunity to showcase the virtues of their bioproducts with target market buyers and procurement officials, said OBIC Director Dennis Hall.
"This award has been established to promote innovation and commercialization by manufacturers," Hall said. "The award process will help to focus attention on the significant achievement of the bioproducts industry in advancing sustainability and product innovation."
Bioproducts innovation directly supports consumer and corporate demand for these products and helps create new markets and economic development opportunities for multiple industry sectors, Hall said.
"Our market research indicates that consumers would purchase biobased products if more were available," he said. "The Bioproducts World Showcase and Conference will facilitate the type of commercialization activities that increase awareness and speed the adoption of bioproducts."
Success in the bioproducts industry starts with knowing your customers, Hall said. OBIC will focus on the needs of both public procurement officials and commercial buyers at this event to advance the marketing of a range of biobased products. The establishment of the "Bioproduct Innovation of the Year" award will significantly enhance and support these efforts, he said.
Housed in the university's College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, OBIC is a recognized leader in the commercialization of biobased products.
To learn more about the Bioproducts World Showcase and Conference and to nominate a product or company, visit bioproductsworld.org.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?