Occupational Safety and Health Administration enforcement in 2011 brings up ideas of what will be major activity in 2012. Some OSHA activity will be influenced by election year politics, it is quite logical to expect.
A list of the five most important developments that are expected to be seen in 2012 comes from Epstein Becker Green, P.C.:
- Nationwide Chemical Facilities Process Safety Management National Emphasis Program (Chem NEP)
- Follow-up Inspections & Repeat Violations
- Resurrection of Ergonomics Enforcement
- Change in Reporting Requirements
- Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
A full discussion explanation can be read by clicking here.