Nuseed acquires sorghum hybrid assets of HSR Seeds
Nuseed, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited, announced the acquisition of HSR Seeds’ sorghum assets in Australia.
The acquisition complements Nuseed’s existing Australian summer crops hybrid seed activities and expands its regional grain sorghum research and development and market presence. Financial details of the transaction remain confidential.
The agreement includes all HSR’s commercial grain and forage sorghum hybrids, research breeding program and germplasm pipeline. The breeding program will be based in Queensland, Australia.
Nuseed acknowledge and congratulate the Coe and Campbell families of HSR on over 40 years of successful contribution to the Australian sorghum seed industry.
Australian general manager, Travis Rankin, says the deal further expands Nuseed’s grain sorghum product offering for farmers, backed by the company’s reliability of supply, quality and support.
“Incorporating these assets into our global breeding program will add to the pipeline of hybrid grain sorghum products available to the Australian market in the next few years. This will include some of our key global products, like Wholis food-grade sorghum, which will be bred for adaptation to local conditions.”
The Nuseed team will work closely with distribution, growers and other key partners to ensure a smooth integration.
“The newly acquired HSR sorghum hybrids have an established competitive performance history, with excellent agronomic traits suitable for targeted sorghum growing regions across Australia.
“With the Australian grain sorghum season due to commence soon, preparation is under way to make sure the existing commercial hybrids are available to distributors and farmers. We are working closely with all parties to ensure appropriate stewardship for the transition of these products to Nuseed.
“Sorghum is a core global crop for Nuseed and this investment is a key step in our ongoing commitment to invest in the future value and growth of the global sorghum market.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation