Nufarm to sell Valent's turf, ornamental, aquatics products in US
Nufarm Limited announced that it has reached agreement with Valent U.S.A. Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited, to secure marketing and distribution rights to Valent branded products for the US turf, ornamental and aquatics market.
The arrangements will cover Valent's portfolio of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and plant growth regulators for professional golf course, lawn and landscape, production ornamental and aquatics markets.
The agreement will come into effect on February 16 and will reinforce Nufarm's position as one of the leading suppliers in the US turf and ornamental industry.
Nufarm's Managing Director, Doug Rathbone, said the addition of the Valent products will considerably strengthen Nufarm's position in the US Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market, which is a key growth opportunity for the company.
Sumitomo Chemical Company's Director and Managing Executive Officer, Ray Nishimoto, welcomed the agreement, saying Nufarm's strong leadership position in the Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market will ensure greater market penetration and support for the Valent portfolio.
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- USDA chief expects 2014 biofuel use targets to rise
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- SDSU has precision ag minor because of fast changes
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Partnership to provide new bio-fertilizers
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning