Nufarm to sell Valent's turf, ornamental, aquatics products in US
Nufarm Limited announced that it has reached agreement with Valent U.S.A. Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited, to secure marketing and distribution rights to Valent branded products for the US turf, ornamental and aquatics market.
The arrangements will cover Valent's portfolio of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and plant growth regulators for professional golf course, lawn and landscape, production ornamental and aquatics markets.
The agreement will come into effect on February 16 and will reinforce Nufarm's position as one of the leading suppliers in the US turf and ornamental industry.
Nufarm's Managing Director, Doug Rathbone, said the addition of the Valent products will considerably strengthen Nufarm's position in the US Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market, which is a key growth opportunity for the company.
Sumitomo Chemical Company's Director and Managing Executive Officer, Ray Nishimoto, welcomed the agreement, saying Nufarm's strong leadership position in the Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market will ensure greater market penetration and support for the Valent portfolio.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals