Nufarm to sell Valent's turf, ornamental, aquatics products in US
Nufarm Limited announced that it has reached agreement with Valent U.S.A. Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited, to secure marketing and distribution rights to Valent branded products for the US turf, ornamental and aquatics market.
The arrangements will cover Valent's portfolio of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and plant growth regulators for professional golf course, lawn and landscape, production ornamental and aquatics markets.
The agreement will come into effect on February 16 and will reinforce Nufarm's position as one of the leading suppliers in the US turf and ornamental industry.
Nufarm's Managing Director, Doug Rathbone, said the addition of the Valent products will considerably strengthen Nufarm's position in the US Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market, which is a key growth opportunity for the company.
Sumitomo Chemical Company's Director and Managing Executive Officer, Ray Nishimoto, welcomed the agreement, saying Nufarm's strong leadership position in the Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market will ensure greater market penetration and support for the Valent portfolio.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America