Nufarm to sell Valent's turf, ornamental, aquatics products in US
Nufarm Limited announced that it has reached agreement with Valent U.S.A. Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited, to secure marketing and distribution rights to Valent branded products for the US turf, ornamental and aquatics market.
The arrangements will cover Valent's portfolio of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and plant growth regulators for professional golf course, lawn and landscape, production ornamental and aquatics markets.
The agreement will come into effect on February 16 and will reinforce Nufarm's position as one of the leading suppliers in the US turf and ornamental industry.
Nufarm's Managing Director, Doug Rathbone, said the addition of the Valent products will considerably strengthen Nufarm's position in the US Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market, which is a key growth opportunity for the company.
Sumitomo Chemical Company's Director and Managing Executive Officer, Ray Nishimoto, welcomed the agreement, saying Nufarm's strong leadership position in the Turf, Ornamental and Aquatics market will ensure greater market penetration and support for the Valent portfolio.
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto