Nufarm to sell Verdesian product in U.S., Canada
Verdesian Life Sciences announces that Nufarm will be the exclusive marketer and seller of its Bloomtime product in the United States and Canada, effective Jan. 1, 2015. Verdesian Life Sciences will continue to market Bloomtime for the remainder of this season.
Bloomtime is a naturally-occurring biological that suppresses fire blight in apples and pears. It can be used on conventional and organic acres, is pollinator-friendly, and fits well into a fire blight resistance management program.
“Verdesian is pleased with the partnership we’ve formed with Nufarm, and we are confident that our alliance will bring value to both companies,” said Greg Thompson, chief sales and marketing officer for Verdesian. “The agreement allows Verdesian to focus our efforts in growing our core markets in nutrition, plant health, seed treatment and inoculants, and on bringing our deep pipeline of new technologies to market.”
“The addition of Bloomtime to our portfolio aligns perfectly with our focus on delivering a broad range of solutions and allows our customers access to this essential product to fight fire blight,” said Rob Schwehr, marketing manager – TNVV, Nufarm. “For the organic segment, Bloomtime, with its OMRI listing, complements Nufarm’s extensive portfolio of products for apple and pear growers, many of which are also OMRI-listed.”
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law