Nufarm acquires 51% equity in Brazilian seed company
Nufarm’s wholly owned Nuseed subsidiary, Nuseed do Brasil S.A., has acquired 51 percent of the equity in Atlantica Sementes Ltda., a Brazilian business specializing in sorghum and sunflower seeds.
The acquisition provides an important base in the growing Brazilian market and is a further step in the expansion of Nuseed’s global platform.
Atlantica has administration, sales, marketing, production and testing capabilities in Brazil and a strong branded market presence. Atlantica employs 45 people with offices in Curitiba and Rio Verde. Current annual sales are approximately R$25 million Brazilian reals (approximately AU$11.5m).
The majority stake in Atlantica – to be purchased at a cost of R$25 million – will allow Nuseed to supply a number of existing hybrids through the Atlantica distribution network and will leverage other development programs in Australia, Argentina and the USA.
Atlantica will have access to several new high value categories in the Nuseed pipeline including high sugar forage sorghum, which can be utilized by sugar cane ethanol plants seeking to improve year round feed-stock efficiency; and high oleic sunflowers, which produce a highly functional low saturated fat sought by food manufacturers and restaurant chains.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment