Novozymes BioAg adds new 3-in-1 bioinsecticide
Novozymes BioAg is expanding its portfolio of biocontrol products with the introduction of MET52.
MET52 is utilizing Metarhizium, a pathogenic fungus for the effective control of thrips, mites, whiteflies and vine weevils in greenhouse ornamentals, and protected vegetables.
Metarhizium anisopliae is a naturally occurring fungus found in soils worldwide. Met52 is a contact bioinsecticide with a unique mode of action; spores germinate on the insect surface and hyphae invade and kill susceptible insects.
MET52 has no chemical residue and little potential for resistance, making it valuable for inclusion in an Integrated Pest Management program.
Dorn Severtson, U.S. Sales Manager says, "MET52 provides growers with an excellent resistance management tool when used in rotation with traditional chemistries.The real power of MET52 is its ability to effectively control three common resistance-prone threats — thrips, mites and whiteflies. It's the most powerful biological tool on the market."
MET52 is available in two formulations:
- MET52 EC — spores of the fungus are suspended in emulsifiable oil suitable for spraying through standard chemical spraying equipment or for drenching into the soil.
- MET52 G — Granular formulation of spores on rice granules.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company