Nominations open for Borlaug award for field research
Nominations Due June 30
Recommend an individual under 40 for the 2014 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation celebrating the Borlaug Centennial Year and breakthroughs around the globe.
The deadline is fast approaching - on June 30 - to submit nominations for the $10,000 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, Endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation.
This award recognizes exceptional, science-based achievement in international agriculture and food production by an individual under 40 who has clearly demonstrated intellectual courage, stamina, and determination in the fight to eliminate global hunger and poverty.
The award will be presented at the Borlaug Centennial Year World Food Prize events in October.
Please click on this link to learn more and to nominate a deserving individual. Learn more about last year's winner at this link. Questions may be directed to Judith Pim, Director of Secretariat Operations.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance