Nominations open for Borlaug award for field research
Nominations Due June 30
Recommend an individual under 40 for the 2014 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation celebrating the Borlaug Centennial Year and breakthroughs around the globe.
The deadline is fast approaching - on June 30 - to submit nominations for the $10,000 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, Endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation.
This award recognizes exceptional, science-based achievement in international agriculture and food production by an individual under 40 who has clearly demonstrated intellectual courage, stamina, and determination in the fight to eliminate global hunger and poverty.
The award will be presented at the Borlaug Centennial Year World Food Prize events in October.
Please click on this link to learn more and to nominate a deserving individual. Learn more about last year's winner at this link. Questions may be directed to Judith Pim, Director of Secretariat Operations.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta