Nominations open for Borlaug award for field research
Nominations Due June 30
Recommend an individual under 40 for the 2014 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation celebrating the Borlaug Centennial Year and breakthroughs around the globe.
The deadline is fast approaching - on June 30 - to submit nominations for the $10,000 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, Endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation.
This award recognizes exceptional, science-based achievement in international agriculture and food production by an individual under 40 who has clearly demonstrated intellectual courage, stamina, and determination in the fight to eliminate global hunger and poverty.
The award will be presented at the Borlaug Centennial Year World Food Prize events in October.
Please click on this link to learn more and to nominate a deserving individual. Learn more about last year's winner at this link. Questions may be directed to Judith Pim, Director of Secretariat Operations.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals