Nominations open for 2013 4R Advocate Program
The Fertilizer Institute (TFI) launched the 2013 4R Advocate Awards Program with a call for entries from retailers wishing to highlight the exceptional nutrient stewardship practices of their grower customers. The 4R Advocate Award program, now in its second year, recognizes farmers who are protecting the environment, boosting profitability and benefiting society through nutrient stewardship practices based on the 4R’s (use of the right nutrient source at the right time, at the right rate at the right time and in the right place). Under the program rules, farmers are nominated by their retail dealers who are also recognized with 4R awards.
In 2013, five winning growers, a spouse or companion and their nominating retailers will be awarded an expense-paid trip to the Commodity Classic, scheduled for Feb. 28-March 2 in Kissimmee, Fla. The Commodity Classic is the once-a-year, can't-miss event for America's soybean, corn, wheat and sorghum farmers. At the Classic, 4R Advocate winners will see the latest agricultural innovations first-hand and meet other growers and agricultural leaders from across the nation and will be honored at an invitation-only banquet.
Nick Sommers, a fifth generation farmer from Delphi Ind. and a 2012 4R Advocate award winner cited the value of the 4R’s and the Advocate Award Program to his farming operation and to the public’s perception of agriculture. “There are a lot of things that we as an industry need to take pride in and it’s nice to have a program to help us highlight these things because ultimately our consumers have to trust what we’re doing.” A video featuring Sommers and other 2012 4R Award winners may be found at www.nutrientstewardship.com/4r-advocate.
Entries for the 2013 4R Advocate Awards are due on November 12, 2012. A nomination form and additional details on the program are available at http://www.nutrientstewardship.com/. Winners will be announced in mid-December. For further information on the program or 4R nutrient stewardship, please contact TFI Director of Stewardship Programs Lara Moody by telephone at (202) 515-2721 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment