Deadline to nominate Farm Manager is Saturday
Submitting a nomination is a fairly simple process on line once you have gathered together your reasons to substantiate a nomination. Clicking the link for nominations connects you with a section of the Syngenta Farm Assist website and the form to be filled out.
The award is co-sponsored by Syngenta, the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) and AgProfessional magazine.
This award recognizes professional farm managers whose dedication and commitment to agriculture have benefited their clients, the American consumer and our most precious commodity—the land. To be eligible, a professional farm manager or a farm management team must have at least five years farm management experience and hold membership in ASFMRA. To submit your nominations, visit www.farmmanageroftheyear.com.
Nominations are due by June 14. The award will be presented during the ASFMRA Annual Convention, which will be held Oct. 27– Nov. 1 in Tucson, Arizona.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?