NipsIt Inside registered as rice seed protectant
Valent U.S.A. Corp. announced that NipsIt Inside insecticide has been registered by the Environmental Protection Agency for use as a seed protectant on dry, drill-seeded rice.
NipsIt Inside provides rice growers excellent broad spectrum activity: controlling two of the most important rice insect pests—rice water weevil and grape colaspis—as well as troublesome chinch bugs, thrips, aphids and black bugs.
Prior to this full registration, rice growers and seed conditioners were able to use NipsIt Inside under an Experimental Use Permit (EUP) in 2011 and 2012 in more than 300 grower field trials. Glen Karaffa, Valent seed protection market manager, said NipsIt Inside was shown in the trials to be highly effective on key rice insects, meaning growers can be confident that NipsIt Inside can help maximize stand, yield and plant health.
“Rice seedlings are extremely susceptible to insect damage during the critical early-season planting, germination and emergence period. In university and grower trials, NipsIt Inside consistently provided exceptional control against seed and seedling insects and proved to be the leading-edge management tool growers will find beneficial in their rice programs,” Karaffa said.
Karaffa added that growers and seed conditioners who used NipsIt Inside under the EUP also reported it was extremely easy to use, was compatible with standard rice seed-applied fungicides and plant growth regulators (such as zinc or Release plant growth regulator), and was highly rated for handling and performance.
“Growers and seed conditioners will benefit from the simplicity and the single rate of application that NipsIt Inside offers,” Karaffa said. “With Valent’s Lock Tight technology, the built-in binding system helps ensure good coverage of the product on the seed and keeps it there for maximum return on investment.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company