Nichino America to distribute Strada herbicide portfolio
Nichino America, Inc. announced it has acquired sole U.S. distribution rights of the Strada rice herbicide portfolio, effective Aug. 1, 2014. The Strada suite of products provide rice producers four options to tailor their specific weed management needs. Among the offerings are Strada WG, Strada CA, Strada Pro, and Strada XT2. Strada WG and CA contain the active ingredient Orthosulfamuron, while Strada Pro and Strada XT2 are blends with Halosulfuron and Quinclorac respectively.
Under this agreement Nichino America will assume federal and state registration rights as well as the right to manufacture, market, and distribute all four brands.
“The acquisition of these brands is a result of our strategy to broaden the company’s portfolio while continuing to focus on specialty crops,” says company President, Jeffrey Johnson. “Expanding our rice portfolio is especially exciting and plays an integral part in our commitment to bringing effective and environmentally conscious solutions to growers,” says Johnson.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement