Nichino America to distribute Strada herbicide portfolio
Nichino America, Inc. announced it has acquired sole U.S. distribution rights of the Strada rice herbicide portfolio, effective Aug. 1, 2014. The Strada suite of products provide rice producers four options to tailor their specific weed management needs. Among the offerings are Strada WG, Strada CA, Strada Pro, and Strada XT2. Strada WG and CA contain the active ingredient Orthosulfamuron, while Strada Pro and Strada XT2 are blends with Halosulfuron and Quinclorac respectively.
Under this agreement Nichino America will assume federal and state registration rights as well as the right to manufacture, market, and distribute all four brands.
“The acquisition of these brands is a result of our strategy to broaden the company’s portfolio while continuing to focus on specialty crops,” says company President, Jeffrey Johnson. “Expanding our rice portfolio is especially exciting and plays an integral part in our commitment to bringing effective and environmentally conscious solutions to growers,” says Johnson.
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- What to consider in leasing or buying equipment
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- EPA announces final decision to register Enlist Duo
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals