News of slow ethanol output undercut grain and soy futures
Hog futures proved surprisingly firm in the face of the Wednesday morning drop by their counterparts in the cattle pit. Differences in their respective cash situations probably account for the difference. That is, while wire services were reporting significant declines in Southern Plains cattle prices, they also published USDA reports of higher morning prices at direct markets west of the Mississippi River. The noon pork report also seemed supportive. Still, one had to wonder if the hog and pork complex can perform at all well if cattle and beef prices suffer an unexpected failure during the days and weeks just ahead. February hogs had inched 0.10 cents higher to 85.35 cents/pound just before lunch, while June futures rose 0.17 cents to 96.77.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.