New webinar: Corn rootworm management in the transgenic era
A free webinar is scheduled for Feb. 20 to provide information on current rootworm management options. The program will begin at 1 p.m. CT and conclude at 2:30 p.m. This program is supported by a USDA-NIFA North Central IPM program grant.
Topics to be covered include:
- Rootworm biology and behavior; Dr. Joe Spencer, Illinois Natural History Survey
- Resistance evolution and IRM for rootworm; Dr. Aaron Gassmann, Iowa State University
- Adult management options: Dr. Lance Meinke, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Larval management options: Dr. Bob Wright, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Decision tree for grower management options; Dr. Ken Ostlie, University of Minnesota
How To Connect:
Start connecting 5 minutes prior to the start time. You need a computer with Internet access and speakers. At the meeting time, copy and paste this URL into your browser to enter the meeting: https://connect.unl.edu/r9ra3734mey/
At that URL you will find a login page. "Enter as a Guest" with your name, and business or institution and click "Enter Room." The audio portion of the meeting will be come through your computer speakers.
Any time before the meeting you can visit the following URL to confirm your ability to connect: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/testconnect/
- China adopts stricter pesticide residue standard
- Researchers target soybean disease with genetic resistance study
- K-State Cropping Systems Field Day Set Aug. 28 in Garden City
- Ag markets ended the week in mixed fashion
- Ag turned decidedly mixed Friday morning
- Fall armyworm moth capture sees big jump
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014