New webinar: Corn rootworm management in the transgenic era
A free webinar is scheduled for Feb. 20 to provide information on current rootworm management options. The program will begin at 1 p.m. CT and conclude at 2:30 p.m. This program is supported by a USDA-NIFA North Central IPM program grant.
Topics to be covered include:
- Rootworm biology and behavior; Dr. Joe Spencer, Illinois Natural History Survey
- Resistance evolution and IRM for rootworm; Dr. Aaron Gassmann, Iowa State University
- Adult management options: Dr. Lance Meinke, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Larval management options: Dr. Bob Wright, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Decision tree for grower management options; Dr. Ken Ostlie, University of Minnesota
How To Connect:
Start connecting 5 minutes prior to the start time. You need a computer with Internet access and speakers. At the meeting time, copy and paste this URL into your browser to enter the meeting: https://connect.unl.edu/r9ra3734mey/
At that URL you will find a login page. "Enter as a Guest" with your name, and business or institution and click "Enter Room." The audio portion of the meeting will be come through your computer speakers.
Any time before the meeting you can visit the following URL to confirm your ability to connect: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/testconnect/
- Argentina seeks to export more food to sanction-hit Russia
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Tuesday
- China's carbon plans: secrecy and oversupply darken outlook
- Russian sanctions threaten both Europe's farmers and policymakers
- Ag markets are decidedly mixed at midsession Tuesday
- California’s drought worst since at least 1895
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America