New planting time insecticide system introduced
Innvictis Crop Care, LLC, www.innvictis.com, announced the launch of Nirvana in time for the 2014 growing season. Nirvana is a patented formulation catalyst that allows the use of standard EC formulated insecticides to be mixed with liquid fertilizers for use at planting to protect against soil insects.
“This has been an incredibly difficult nut to crack,” says Greg McManic, director of research and development for Innvictis. “Getting pesticides to effectively mix with starter fertilizers is very challenging simply due to the chemical composition of the fertilizers and the EC-based insecticides. After many, many iterations, we found a unique combination of chemistries that will serve as a bridge to connect the fertilizer and pesticide in a consistent and uniform mixture. Nirvana is chemically formulated to provide that bridge and be the catalyst that brings it all together.”
Casey McDaniel, commercial director for Innvictis, says “Frankly, we almost gave up in our quest to create Nirvana. It took a long time to hone in on a formula that we could commercialize.” “Nirvana opens the door to a tremendous amount of flexibility for dealers and farmers. Until now, there has only really been one liquid option. Nirvana will allow dealers and farmers to choose from a broad array of EC-formulated insecticides to better defend their corn against below ground insects. Innvictis has a broad line of insecticide solutions including our Reveal and Ravage insecticides.”
Liquid fertilizers and EC-formulated insecticides are chemically incompatible and will quickly separate and stratify in conventional mixtures. Nirvana connects the two molecules and holds them together in a chemical bond for a period of time allowing farmers to conveniently mix and apply starter fertilizer and insecticides in one application.
Nirvana is expected to be available in time for the 2014 planting season in limited quantities with full availability expected for the 2015 planting season.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company