New pesticide record-keeping app from ISU
Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach worked with iOS app developer Rade | Eccles to develop the Pesticide and Field Records iPad app to help producers and agriculture businesses record and maintain pesticide application information.
The free iPad app allows users to link information to specific field locations using satellite mapping and document pesticide application information needed to comply with state and federal record-keeping requirements. The app also features a product search option that lists Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) product registration numbers and identifies restricted use products.
Development of the app was funded by the ISU Extension Pest Management and the Environment program and a grant from the EPA under assistance of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship Pesticide Bureau.
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto