New pesticide record-keeping app from ISU
Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach worked with iOS app developer Rade | Eccles to develop the Pesticide and Field Records iPad app to help producers and agriculture businesses record and maintain pesticide application information.
The free iPad app allows users to link information to specific field locations using satellite mapping and document pesticide application information needed to comply with state and federal record-keeping requirements. The app also features a product search option that lists Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) product registration numbers and identifies restricted use products.
Development of the app was funded by the ISU Extension Pest Management and the Environment program and a grant from the EPA under assistance of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship Pesticide Bureau.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting