New pesticide record-keeping app from ISU
Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach worked with iOS app developer Rade | Eccles to develop the Pesticide and Field Records iPad app to help producers and agriculture businesses record and maintain pesticide application information.
The free iPad app allows users to link information to specific field locations using satellite mapping and document pesticide application information needed to comply with state and federal record-keeping requirements. The app also features a product search option that lists Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) product registration numbers and identifies restricted use products.
Development of the app was funded by the ISU Extension Pest Management and the Environment program and a grant from the EPA under assistance of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship Pesticide Bureau.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement