New pesticide record-keeping app from ISU
Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach worked with iOS app developer Rade | Eccles to develop the Pesticide and Field Records iPad app to help producers and agriculture businesses record and maintain pesticide application information.
The free iPad app allows users to link information to specific field locations using satellite mapping and document pesticide application information needed to comply with state and federal record-keeping requirements. The app also features a product search option that lists Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) product registration numbers and identifies restricted use products.
Development of the app was funded by the ISU Extension Pest Management and the Environment program and a grant from the EPA under assistance of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship Pesticide Bureau.
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings acquires Kerman Ag Resources
- Commentary: EPA’s explanation of its clean water proposal
- Vietnam grants licenses to four GM corn varieties
- Bioenergy research continues march toward energy independence
- New study charts the global invasion of crop pests
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week