New online campaign for fertilizer industry
As the “Roots for Growth” campaign highlights, food grown with fertilizers is already nourishing billions of people and helping to improve their diets every year, but there is still more work to do. Luc Maene, director general of the International Fertilizer Industry Association says, “Moving forwards, the fertilizer industry wants to partner even more with farmers, environmental leaders, agronomists, scientists, and governments to share knowledge, develop further innovations and improve farmers’ access to markets, both locally and globally.”
A global initiative, “Roots for Growth” is led by a coalition of the world’s leading fertilizer associations, namely the Brazilian industry association (called Associação Nacional para Difusão de Adubos, or ANDA), Canadian Fertilizer Institute (CFI), Fertilizers Europe, International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA), and The Fertilizer Institute (TFI).
- EIA expects global oil consumption to grow in 2014
- Soy, wheat markets surged Tuesday
- Work underway to improve malting barley quality
- Commentary: Water police, part two: EPA proposal won't help ag
- Ukraine-Russia situation apparently boosted wheat futures again
- New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants