New corn and soybean company opens in Nebraska
The new Rob-See-Co corn and soybean seed company opened for business out of Waterloo, Neb.
Owner and CEO, Rob Robinson, aims to fill a void in the western and central Cornbelt left by years of seed company acquisitions and mergers, and to provide farmers with leading edge seed technology and proven genetics. “Today, there are almost no independent seed companies left in this part of the world. The seed buying decision has become more complex and farmers need a partner they can trust to place the right hybrids and varieties on their farm. It seemed fitting to reintroduce the Rob-See-Co name, as it has a long history in the seed industry and exemplifies integrity and seed expertise. You can depend on Rob-See-Co for two things: to make things simple in a complicated world and for innovative technology from people you know and trust.”
Rob-See-Co earned its distinguished reputation in the western corn belt by doing the right thing for customers throughout its 125 year history. Today, Rob-See-Co will continue building on this reputation, by distributing Syngenta’s new Innotech brand corn and soybean seed to growers in Nebraska, Iowa, the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Kansas. The Innotech brand offers innovative hybrids and varieties, along with technologies at the forefront of seed technology today. The Innotech brand name is a combination of the words Innovation and Technology to specifically highlight this fact.
Rob-See-Co chose Syngenta as its genetic and trait supplier because of their innovative science. Robinson notes, “Syngenta has made incredible progress in their trait and hybrid offerings. The Agrisure Duracade trait combined with Agrisure Artesian technology is the best trait package in the market today! And the Syngenta germplasm pipeline continues to advance as new unique genetics built from the diversity of legacy breeding programs enter the market. We’re proud to represent and distribute diverse Syngenta germplasm and industry leading traits with Innotech products.”
Lyn Ramsey, Rob-See-Co COO and long-time seed industry executive adds, “We are very excited to begin serving growers, starting with this 2014 planting season.” In addition to Lyn, also joining the Rob-See-Co team are: Steve Pike, General Sales Manager; Cindy Ramsey, Business Support Manager; Nate Schroeder, District Sales Representative; Eric Ford, Product Manager; Jim Emanuel, Regional Sales Manager/Recruiter.
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto