New cereals marketing system in Canada Aug. 1
Gary Martin, president and chief executive officer of the North American Export Grain Association said, "We plan to update the site frequently and we strongly encourage growers and industry to contact us through the website with their comments, questions, and suggestions."
What cereal growers in Canada see as happening was expressed by Martin Hall, vice-president of Canada’s Western Barley Growers Association (WBGA). “We’re seeing so many more opportunities to build our markets and communities, now that the CWB control over the industry is gone—everything from new futures contracts to a new Barley Council and even new markets that the CWB didn’t sell into.”
The WBGA leadership sees more opportunity for growers to become involved in higher value products marketing through free market selling.
Hall said, “What is emerging is a real sense of entrepreneurship.”
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Ukraine to lose 15% of grain crop in violence-hit regions
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America