New cereals marketing system in Canada Aug. 1
Gary Martin, president and chief executive officer of the North American Export Grain Association said, "We plan to update the site frequently and we strongly encourage growers and industry to contact us through the website with their comments, questions, and suggestions."
What cereal growers in Canada see as happening was expressed by Martin Hall, vice-president of Canada’s Western Barley Growers Association (WBGA). “We’re seeing so many more opportunities to build our markets and communities, now that the CWB control over the industry is gone—everything from new futures contracts to a new Barley Council and even new markets that the CWB didn’t sell into.”
The WBGA leadership sees more opportunity for growers to become involved in higher value products marketing through free market selling.
Hall said, “What is emerging is a real sense of entrepreneurship.”
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?