New cereals marketing system in Canada Aug. 1
Gary Martin, president and chief executive officer of the North American Export Grain Association said, "We plan to update the site frequently and we strongly encourage growers and industry to contact us through the website with their comments, questions, and suggestions."
What cereal growers in Canada see as happening was expressed by Martin Hall, vice-president of Canada’s Western Barley Growers Association (WBGA). “We’re seeing so many more opportunities to build our markets and communities, now that the CWB control over the industry is gone—everything from new futures contracts to a new Barley Council and even new markets that the CWB didn’t sell into.”
The WBGA leadership sees more opportunity for growers to become involved in higher value products marketing through free market selling.
Hall said, “What is emerging is a real sense of entrepreneurship.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Junge Control Inc.