New cereals marketing system in Canada Aug. 1
Gary Martin, president and chief executive officer of the North American Export Grain Association said, "We plan to update the site frequently and we strongly encourage growers and industry to contact us through the website with their comments, questions, and suggestions."
What cereal growers in Canada see as happening was expressed by Martin Hall, vice-president of Canada’s Western Barley Growers Association (WBGA). “We’re seeing so many more opportunities to build our markets and communities, now that the CWB control over the industry is gone—everything from new futures contracts to a new Barley Council and even new markets that the CWB didn’t sell into.”
The WBGA leadership sees more opportunity for growers to become involved in higher value products marketing through free market selling.
Hall said, “What is emerging is a real sense of entrepreneurship.”
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- New report on scientific discoveries from USDA
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants