New biofertility product from Novozymes BioAg
Novozymes BioAg is expanding its portfolio of biological fertility products for the 2013 growing season with the introduction of new JumpStart LCO.
JumpStart LCO is a seed-applied biofertility product for use in corn and other grain crops. JumpStart LCO is a combination of two proven crop-enhancing technologies: Penicillium bilaii and LCO (lipo-chitooligosaccharide) Promoter Technology.
Penicillium bilaii is a naturally occurring soil fungus that provides crops with better access to soil and fertilizer phosphate. P. bilaii colonizes (grows along) plant roots, and as the fungus grows and multiplies, it produces organic acids that break the bonds that trap phosphate in mineral form in the soil, enhancing the availability of this important plant nutrient to the crop.
LCO Promoter Technology is a naturally occurring plant signal molecule. When present at the time of planting, LCO Promoter Technology enhances the plant’s nutritional capabilities, which drive natural growth processes such as root and shoot development, immediately and independently of variety, soil and environmental conditions. The result of this early season activity is better plant health and performance.
“Optimum plant fertility and the quick establishment of a robust root system are both key to strong plant health and performance, and higher yields,” says Chuck Broughton, director of marketing and sales, North America, for Novozymes BioAg. “JumpStart LCO combines the science of Penicillium bilaii and LCO Promoter Technology to enhance phosphate fertility, and root growth and development, for greater vigor and higher yield potential.”
In addition to the seed-applied JumpStart LCO, Novozymes BioAg also offers Torque, an in-furrow LCO Promoter Technology for corn.
“Torque provides growers with access to LCO Promoter Technology specifically for corn in an easy-to-use product that can be applied in conjunction with pop-up or liquid starter fertilizers,” Broughton says.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.