New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
LinkedIn recently launched a brand new thought-leadership platform. Essentially, LinkedIn is in the midst of transitioning its platform from being solely a destination for networking toward being both a networking and a content-driven site. It recently unveiled the latest iteration of that plan: starting in early February 2014, any member can upload original content they write onto the LinkedIn platform, for sharing within the platform.
The idea of “LinkedIn as publisher” has been piloted through its invitation-only “Influencers” program, wherein leading thinkers across various business sectors have been asked to contribute short bylined articles on an ongoing basis. These leaders include the likes of Bill Gates, Richard Branson and Jack Welch. This program, launched in October 2012, currently has more than 300 contributors. Based on its success, the company believes professionals in a wide range of industries will use their platform to reach their professional community.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law