New ally in the struggle against pesticide resistance
Exacto Inc. announced a significant improvement in water conditioning technology and an important weapon in the battle against pesticide resistance with the release of a new formulation available for distribution, Synthex DC 5 AMS.
Combining multiple herbicides, such as glyphosate and 2,4-D amine or dicamba, is an increasingly common strategy when targeting multiple modes of action in resistant weed species. However, the addition of some water conditioning agents to mixes that include different herbicides may have a significant impact on the pH in the tank. Generally unstable, these pH imbalances frequently result in the formation of precipitates that can reduce application effectiveness or even clog and damage spray equipment.
The new Synthex DC 5 AMS formulation buffers these tank combinations to minimize the incidence of solids while providing the ammonium ions needed to activate pesticides for optimal efficacy. While facilitating tank mix compatibility is a significant advantage in its own right, when combined with a use rate that is up to 75 percent lower than ammonium sulfate, this formulation easily becomes an ideal dry water conditioning agent. Greater flexibility in the tank and less product to ship, store and handle in the field results in considerable convenience and savings in the long run.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning