New U.S. agreement to introduce first sustainable fertilizers
SACOM SpA announced signing a distribution agreement with Credentia Advisors LLC, of North Carolina, to address and develop the United States market for SACOM's green biotech fertilizer product portfolio.
SACOM is one of the main microbiology fertilizers manufacturing companies in Europe. The new partnership will introduce for the first time in the US market the Sacom Green Biotech System (SGB), an optimal combination of beneficial micro populations in a carefully managed system, which can rapidly restore a natural, healthy and protective balance to our soils.
SGB formulations uniquely contain especially balanced populations of three types of microorganisms which work cooperatively together to build a highly productive and self-supporting community.
SGB formulations are healthy, natural, highly effective alternatives to chemicals enabling farmers to build up their soil health and grow more nutritious food crops with higher profits and significantly less chemicals.
Credentia, through its varied service offerings, is Sacom's advisor and strategic partner in developing its business in the U.S.
"Credentia seeks to architect 'sustainable' deal solutions, financing solutions, and management and project support for partners within industry verticals reflecting sustainability across its constituencies," stated D. Ryan Tyler, president of Credentia. "In this regard SACOM is a perfect fit for us."
Tyler continued, "The fertilizer industry in the US continues to grow and in 2012 represented $58 billion U.S. dollars in economic contribution engaging more than 245,000 U.S. jobs.
"The sustainable fertilizers market share is growing as the industry and consumers become more aware and sensitive to the environment. In addition, effective sustainable agribusiness solutions are rightfully commanding premium prices. Credentia is confident that SACOM products are uniquely positioned to compete in the U.S. market. We expect the launch of the products in the U.S. in 2013 to be very successful given the quality and proven effectiveness of SACOM products, and to become the 1st US sustainable fertilizer provider in five years time."
The products will be imported into the U.S. from Italy but the company, through its collaboration with Credentia, will evaluate all strategic options available including U.S.-based production options.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance