New Smart Nitrogen site offers regional agronomic data
ESN Smart Nitrogen provides growers a new resource that allows them to tailor their nitrogen management plans based on research and agronomic data for their areas.
The Trials & Agronomy section of the newly redesigned SmartNitrogen.com allows growers to search through hundreds of crop years of data, and sort by crop and location. This section is continually updated as more information is added from various regions, so keep checking the site. In addition, growers can ask specific questions of one of the Ph.D. agronomists of Agrium Advanced Technologies (AAT), makers of ESN.
Growers can learn more about how ESN, a controlled-release nitrogen fertilizer, works by clicking on the How ESN Works tab. A video shows how ESN’s polymer coating protects nitrogen from loss mechanisms and releases nitrogen based on temperature and soil moisture.
Other videos on the SmartNitrogen.com site feature growers telling the story of how ESN has helped on their farms. The site rotates testimonial videos from growers and retailers across North America talking about how ESN works on a variety of crops.
The Use and Handling tab provides growers with more information on ESN and the use recommendations for a variety of crops.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics