New Rothamsted Centre for Research and Enterprise planned
BBSRC Chief Executive, Professor Douglas Kell, said: "Research and innovation campuses are hot spots – for world-class research, training, facilities, infrastructure and innovation. BBSRC investment in the campuses, alongside our partners, provides the means for start-up companies, SMEs and industrial partners to access our science and equipment and to forge links with researchers and other companies. Through building unique environments at each campus we are supporting research institutes and private enterprise to grow companies and generate new jobs."
Stephen James, associate director, Operations at Rothamsted Research said: "I am delighted by this significant commitment from the Government to invest, not only in UK science but also into our local community in Harpenden and St. Albans. Rothamsted's two new buildings will bring a major new asset to the locality, in particular providing state-of-the-art conferencing and meeting facilities for local business, enterprise and the wider community. Rothamsted has been an integral part of the local community for nearly two centuries and this continued investment will enhance this strong and proud tradition. Rothamsted is also a major part of the new St Albans Green Triangle initiative, which pulls together a specialist green businesses as a cluster underpinned by local centres of environmental excellence. This will help support not only the local economy, but also has wider significance as we develop global technologies and play our part in delivering the UK growth strategy."
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto