New EverGol Energy fungicide seed treatment
Soybean producers in the U.S. now will have access to a state-of-the-art fungicide seed treatment that can provide long-lasting protection against Rhizoctonia and other fungal diseases to help ensure greener and fuller plants, better crop establishment and improved growth.
Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont business, has entered into an exclusive agreement with Bayer CropScience to provide EverGol Energy fungicide seed treatment to growers planting Pioneer brand soybeans, beginning with the 2013 growing season.
EverGol Energy seed treatment fungicide, recently registered for use in the U.S. by the Environmental Protection Agency, is a next-generation technology with multiple modes of action, providing enhanced protection against a broad spectrum of early-season diseases. EverGol Energy also promotes better stands under disease pressure and improves crop vigor, which can lead to more efficient use of water and nutrients.
"The launch of EverGol Energy demonstrates Bayer CropScience's commitment to providing innovative seed solutions to farmers, and our relationship with Pioneer provides another opportunity to deliver on that promise," says Ethan Luth, corn & soybean product manager at Bayer CropScience LP. "Including this new fungicide seed treatment technology for soybeans into the Pioneer Premium Seed Treatment (PPST) program will help farmers better protect their crops, maximize their investment and, ultimately, feed more people."
EverGol Energy fungicide expands the choices offered to Pioneer soybean customers as part of the PPST offering. Other PPST offerings include insecticides, an insecticide + nematode protectant and a proprietary biological/polymer for more complete protection of each soybean seed.
"Pioneer conducts extensive research evaluations of a broad range of seed treatment products among different growing conditions throughout soybean-producing areas to choose the best products for our customers," says Warren Richardson, senior marketing manager-North America seed treatment. "EverGol Energy fungicide meets those high standards and complements Pioneer's high-yielding soybean genetics to bring immense value to our soybean customers.
- Vermont approves bill requiring mandatory GM labeling
- Shift in corn susceptibility to rootworms in Nebraska
- Biologists develop nanosensors to visualize plant stress hormone
- Rothamsted Research to do field trial with GM camelina
- Wheat Growers opens agronomy center in South Dakota
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants