New Ag Leader GPS system offers accuracy and more
Ag Leader Technology, Inc. introduced the GPS 2500B RTK Base Station. This new GPS system can be used by farmers or their ag professional assisting them with such tasks as tiling.
Bill Cran, Ag Leader GPS Product Specialist, said, “The GPS 2500B is a dual-frequency 900 MHz RTK Base Station for use with the field-proven GPS 2500 smart antenna.”
Intended for highly accurate tile installation and pass-to-pass repeatability in field operations, the system can access multiple GNSS signals, including GLONASS.
“The GPS 2500B is ideal for use with the Ag Leader Intellislope Tile Plow Control system. Growers with the Ag Leader OnTrac2+ Assisted Steering system can also benefit from the increased accuracy, “ Cran explained.
Setup of the GPS 2500B base station is quick and easy: the operator simply mounts the unit on the included tripod and connects to a 12-volt power source. The unit can also be permanently mounted for long-term repeatability.
The base station also features improved GNSS performance, a full graphic display with menu selection keys and standard USB flash drive data transfer. The unit is protected in a rugged housing that is resistant to damage from dust and liquid.
RTK radio kits will be available for those who would like to upgrade their existing GPS 2500 receivers.
- Vermont lawmakers send GMO food-labeling law to governor
- China releases its first report on agricultural outlook
- Novozymes to open new R&D center in U.S.
- CLA participates in forum for ESA consultations for pesticides
- CHS partners to build fertilizer warehouse at Hamberg, N.D.
- Federal agencies, others dispute stover ethanol conclusion
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants