New Acceleron seed treatment products for 2013
Fungal diseases are major causes of poor emergence and stand development in soybeans. But farmers will have a stronger line of defense in 2013 with Monsanto’s planned introduction of Acceleron Seed Treatment Products with a new-generation fungicide for soybeans and cotton.
These seed treatment products contain multiple modes of action to deliver more complete and consistent disease protection, including a new fungicidal active ingredient. This offering of Acceleron Seed Treatment Products includes:
- Unprecedented defense against Rhizoctonia and Fusarium, with a new active ingredient.
- Continuous protection from seed and seedling diseases.
- Broad-spectrum insect protection.
“Acceleron Seed Treatment Products with the new generation fungicide, in combination with other management practices, can help protect against these damaging seedling diseases, enabling farmers to achieve more uniform stands, higher yield potential and better return on investment,” said Davie Wilson, Monsanto seed treatment product development manager.
The products are being evaluated in Monsanto field trials this season. The objective is to compare performance in terms of stand development and total stand survival, vigor enhancement and, ultimately, yield. In some plots, time-lapse photography was utilized to capture differences in emergence and early-season plant growth and health. While the focus is on disease, the trials also compared early-season insect protection.
Acceleron Seed Treatment Products for soybeans are designed to complement and help maximize the performance potential of Genuity Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans. They provide an early-season advantage of improved early-season vigor and stand establishment with superior protection from seed and seedling diseases and early season insect pests.
For additional information, farmers can contact their seed representative or ag retailer or visit www.acceleronsts.com.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Junge Control Inc.