New AGCO Parts Distribution and Training Center in Canada
New dealer training center
The Woodstock PDC is also home to a new dealer training center — the first of its kind. Dealers can attend hands-on training sessions about a variety of AGCO equipment, precision agriculture technology, technical service, parts and agriculture equipment theory. “The goal of the training center is to ensure dealers are fully up to speed in all relevant areas,” says Mark Brungardt, manager, Technical Training. “With access to hands-on training, our dealers will be better equipped to provide a superior customer experience.”
A focus on quality and customer service
This is the fourth AGCO Parts facility to be upgraded to a full-service PDC since 2010. Collectively, the upgrades offer significant benefits for customers in reducing shipping times, since now more than one-half (five of eight) of AGCO Parts’ North American PDC locations are full-stocking. These are just a few examples of intensive efforts by the company to improve parts availability.
“Over the past several years, the Parts Division has continued to focus on quality and continuously improving and delivering on what we set out to do,” says Bob Crain, senior vice president and general manager for AGCO North America. “Specifically, there are three key areas we’ve concentrated on to ensure the best customer experience: service levels, improved parts availability and enhanced distribution. All of these play critical roles for the success of our customers and dealers.”
Additional changes implemented by AGCO Parts to improve customer experience across North America during the past four years include:
- an updated and reorganized inventory management system;
- increased dealer parts inventories;
- revisions to online parts books, making it easier and faster to order the correct parts;
- GenuineCare, selling service to provide customers with predictable costs for routine maintenance;
- AGCO Plus+ Commercial Credit Card for seasonal financial stability for growers;
- AGCO Parts On Demand (POD) Program – having parts on site 24/7;
- PM360, a pro-active preventative maintenance program, designed to enhance machine uptime, resale value and operating efficiencies, as well as provide peace of mind and optimum machine productivity; and
- extended customer service hours during planting, spraying and harvest seasons.