Nevada Extension offers workshops on dealing with drought
Those attending are encouraged to preregister by calling 775-945-3444, ext. 12 or emailing email@example.com to ensure ample space and educational materials are available. Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance should call at least three days prior to the scheduled workshop they will be attending.
The workshops are part of Cooperative Extension’s Herds and Harvest Program that helps farmers and ranchers develop agricultural entrepreneurship, implement sustainable agricultural marketing strategies and improve profitability. Since 2011, the program has reached several hundred farmers and ranchers across the state. Two-thirds of the participants reported they would make changes in their business practices because of what they learned through the program. The program is supported by the USDA’s Risk Management Agency and the USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement