Nevada Extension offers workshops on dealing with drought
Those attending are encouraged to preregister by calling 775-945-3444, ext. 12 or emailing email@example.com to ensure ample space and educational materials are available. Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance should call at least three days prior to the scheduled workshop they will be attending.
The workshops are part of Cooperative Extension’s Herds and Harvest Program that helps farmers and ranchers develop agricultural entrepreneurship, implement sustainable agricultural marketing strategies and improve profitability. Since 2011, the program has reached several hundred farmers and ranchers across the state. Two-thirds of the participants reported they would make changes in their business practices because of what they learned through the program. The program is supported by the USDA’s Risk Management Agency and the USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?