Nevada Extension offers workshops on dealing with drought
Those attending are encouraged to preregister by calling 775-945-3444, ext. 12 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure ample space and educational materials are available. Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance should call at least three days prior to the scheduled workshop they will be attending.
The workshops are part of Cooperative Extension’s Herds and Harvest Program that helps farmers and ranchers develop agricultural entrepreneurship, implement sustainable agricultural marketing strategies and improve profitability. Since 2011, the program has reached several hundred farmers and ranchers across the state. Two-thirds of the participants reported they would make changes in their business practices because of what they learned through the program. The program is supported by the USDA’s Risk Management Agency and the USDA’s Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- New webcasts save time, money during soybean aphid season
- Nutra-Flo’s two new products fight corn rootworm resistance
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Iteris, Satshot partner to deliver precision ag weather/imagery
- Russia's Uralkali to up potash price for China by 10%
- Ag markets proved quite mixed Tuesday night