Netafim USA announces strategic alliance with T-L Irrigation
Adding to the industry¹s most extensive portfolio of drip irrigation system offerings, Netafim USA has entered into a strategic alliance with Nebraska-based T-L Irrigation in support of their patented Precision Mobile Drip Irrigation (PMDI) platform. The innovative PMDI system melds the benefits of T-L Irrigation¹s hydrostatically-powered center pivot irrigation system with the unmatched water-efficiency and uniformity of Netafim¹s drip irrigation technology to provide growers with a water-efficient irrigation solution for existing and new center pivot applications.
Under the agreement with T-L Irrigation, Netafim is the exclusive provider of drip irrigation technology for the patented PMDI system and also acquires the exclusive North American rights to commercialize the product as part of its comprehensive drip irrigation system offering.
³This partnership is a natural fit for Netafim, as the pioneering spirit that led to the development of the PMDI solution goes hand-in-hand with Netafim¹s half-century commitment to provide growers with access to industry leading water-efficient technologies and irrigation solutions that deliver higher yields and more profitable farming,² said Ze¹ev Barylka, Marketing Director at Netafim USA. ³With a 99% uniformity application rate, at any flow, and the lowest cost per acre in the history of drip irrigation, the addition of PMDI to the Netafim line up enables growers with center pivot systems to benefit from the documented efficiencies of a Netafim drip irrigation system.²
Universally available for all new or used pivot or linear irrigation systems, the PMDI system consists of Netafim driplines pulled through the field by a center pivot or lateral move irrigation system. As the driplines are pulled behind the system, the integrated emitters deliver a uniform water pattern across the full length of the irrigated area. Because the driplines deliver water directly to the soil surface, evaporation and wind drift are virtually eliminated, allowing for more water to reach the soil surface and deeper percolation to the plant¹s root zone.
³Our partnership with Netafim brings more than 100 years of irrigation expertise and agronomic know-how to help today¹s growers continue to farm profitability in the face of a decreasing water supply,² said Dave Thom, vice-president of sales at T-L Irrigation. ³As drought and declining water tables pervade, the PDMI is an ideal solution for growers who are faced with water restrictions or deficit irrigation and we look forward to working closely with Netafim on driving further adoption of this mobile drip irrigation solution.²
For more information on the Precision Mobile Drip Irrigation system please visit T-L Irrigation.
- Evogene announces expansion of crop protection activities
- Legacy Seeds partners with Quality Seed Genetics
- The second Green Revolution seeks to leave no farmer behind
- AGCO Minnesota facility upgrades drive quality improvements
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism