Need a plan to control waterhemp?
The weed specialists offer a chart with water hemp control 30 and 60 days after treatment with a variety of soil-applied residual herbicides. Those include Authority, Valor, IntRRO, Outlook, Dual II Magnum, Linex, Sencor, Prowl H2O, Atrazine, and Pursuit, applied at the recommended rates. The percent of waterhemp control ranges from 6 percent to 95 percent 30 days after treatment, and 3 percent to 91 percent 60 days after treatment.
With the growing resistance of waterhemp and some other weed species to glyphosate, the use of a soil-applied residual herbicide become an important tool for protecting soybean yields. A five step program can help by focusing on the herbicide selection, timing and rate of application, amount of soil moisture and being aware of potential crop injury.
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- Cellerate receives EPA certification for cellulosic biofuels RINs
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals