Need a plan to control waterhemp?
The weed specialists offer a chart with water hemp control 30 and 60 days after treatment with a variety of soil-applied residual herbicides. Those include Authority, Valor, IntRRO, Outlook, Dual II Magnum, Linex, Sencor, Prowl H2O, Atrazine, and Pursuit, applied at the recommended rates. The percent of waterhemp control ranges from 6 percent to 95 percent 30 days after treatment, and 3 percent to 91 percent 60 days after treatment.
With the growing resistance of waterhemp and some other weed species to glyphosate, the use of a soil-applied residual herbicide become an important tool for protecting soybean yields. A five step program can help by focusing on the herbicide selection, timing and rate of application, amount of soil moisture and being aware of potential crop injury.
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014