National Academy affirms product review process
“The National Academy of Sciences Committee on Ecological Risk Assessment under FIFRA and ESA affirmed the integrity of EPA's rigorous registration process. The conclusions of the committee are not surprising. The EPA registration process has evolved over time, incorporating the best available science in decision-making and it has previously undergone scrutiny by the National Academy on a number of occasions. This report also affirms our position that the current system of having multiple agencies conducting parallel risk assessments with the same information is duplicative and ineffective. The risk assessment currently conducted by EPA adequately protects endangered species while enabling American farmers to provide healthy, nutritious fruits and vegetables.”
Leggett continued: “Everyone from farmers to the regulators themselves agrees that the current system is broken and in desperate need of repair. A government turf war has created a redundant and costly process that does little to protect endangered species and threatens to disrupt nationwide food production. American farmers are continuously striving to improve production, growing more food on less land and conserving habitat for environmental protection. We look forward to working with the Agencies to implement the NAS recommendations that will encourage a more efficient, streamlined system to address crop protection registrations.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.