NDSU releases pest management app
North Dakota State University (NDSU) Extension recently released a pest management app that combines select information from the NDSU Weed Guide, Disease Management Guide, and Insect Management Guide.
Information is grouped by crop and pest and providing control options through a selection process. Once a user selects a control card, there is a drop down that allows a user to select additional information for further review.
The app will provide several benefits to the user compared to the print version. The app can be updated throughout the year, as opposed to on an annual basis. The app will be searchable within each category, which will allow users a quick way to find a pest or management aid quickly and efficiently.
The totally free app is available for both Apple and Android smartphones and tablets users in their respective app stores, or click on this link.
Funding for the project was generously provided by: Northern Plains Potato Growers Association, North Dakota Corn Utilization Council, North Dakota Soybean Council, North Dakota Wheat Commission, Sugarbeet Research and Education Board, National Sunflower Association, and Northarvest Bean Growers.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report