NCGA, FMC launch new weather service
The National Corn Growers Association and FMC Agricultural Products are working together to provide a new, free weather service benefit for NCGA members in conjunction with Blue Water Outlook. The NCGA-FMC Ag Weather Advisor Program features a complimentary email subscription service designed to complement farmers' other favorite sources of weather information by providing information not easily available elsewhere.
"Because watching the weather is an important part of our growers' daily lives, we're happy to provide this service to our members," said NCGA Grower Services Action Team Chairman Tom Haag, who farms in Minnesota. "We especially appreciate the generous support of FMC and the technical expertise provided by Blue Water Outlook to make this a terrific service for corn farmers."
Click here to subscribe to the free email service.
"Growing corn is an increasingly complex operation, and FMC is pleased to team up with Blue Water Outlook to bring a fresh look at weather forecasting to NCGA members to help in their production decisions," said Rick Kessler, business services manager for North American crops at FMC Agricultural Products.
Among the offerings subscribers will receive, each week the BWO Agriculture Weather Outlook will help farmers understand how much rain to expect, days in advance. The AWO is a 10-minute video briefing discussing precipitation and temperature trends for the up-coming week.
Also each week, the BWO Agricultural Advisor will provide updates that keep growers fully informed on a variety of agricultural weather topics including a pre- and post-event analysis of precipitation events. And the BWO Long Range Outlook provides a further perspective.
Occasionally, subscribers will receive the Blue Water Outlook Newsletter and BWO Analytics, an expert assessment of the weather and climate trends that are shaping water resources.
Program co-sponsor FMC Agricultural Products is a division of FMC Corporation, a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products.
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto