NCGA, ASA have dialogue about biotechnology
This week, the National Corn Growers Association and the American Soybean Association convened a key industry stakeholders dialogue forum about ways to improve cooperation and communication on biotechnology and trade issues.
The discussions highlighted a broad array of opportunities to establish improved, more transparent communication regarding issues that potentially threaten the development, production or delivery of products derived from modern crop biotechnology.
"We are encouraged that all parts of the biotech value chain are committed to cooperative discussions that ensure growers have the tools they need to deliver a reliable product that meets our customers' needs," said NCGA Trade Policy and Biotechnology Action Team Chair Jim Zimmerman.
Attendees discussed challenges and opportunities from both a domestic and international viewpoint. It was noted that agricultural biotechnology is becoming an increasingly critical component of our nation's “bioeconomy.” Representatives throughout the value chain noted the importance of maintaining a consistent dialogue and speaking with a unified voice in the United States and abroad.
In February 2012, NCGA, ASA, the Biotechnology Industry Organization, the American Seed Trade Association, the North American Export Grain Association and the National Grain and Feed Association entered into a Memorandum of Understanding on improving communication throughout the value chain on biotechnology and trade issues. Since that time, the American Farm Bureau Federation, Corn Refiners Association, National Oilseed Processors Association, and U.S. Grains Council have also become signatories to the MOU.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.