NAWG comments on EPA’s pesticide policy
The National Association of Wheat Growers (NAWG) joined several members of the Pesticide Policy Coalition (PPC) to file comments on two proposed guidance documents related to pesticide spray drift.
The EPA issued the proposals earlier this year and was accepting comments until April 30. The comments expressed concern that the models would overestimate exposure from spray drift and do not take into account Drift Reduction Technologies (DRT) and standard operating procedures. The coalition recommends that the EPA implement a DRT Program for verification of drift reduction technologies.
The PPC is a coalition of food, agriculture, pest management and related organizations that support transparent, fair and science-based regulation of pest management. PPC members include nationwide and regional farm, commodity, specialty crop and silviculture organizations; cooperatives, food processors and marketers; pesticide manufacturers, formulators and parties.
To view the letter visit http://www.wheatworld.org/wp-content/uploads/Group-Spray-Drift-Letter_4-30-14.pdf.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics