NAICC president and awards
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.—James Todd, Todd Ag Consulting, LLC, Plainview, Texas, was installed as the new president of the National Alliance of Independent Crop Consultants on Jan. 25 at the alliance’s annual meeting in Jacksonville.
Todd replaced another southern in Blaine Viator, Calvin Viator, Ph.D., and Associates, LLC, Labadieville, La., as president. The passing of the gavel occurred at the president’s luncheon and awards ceremony.
The Service to NAICC Award is going to Congressman Rodney Alexander, much of it because of his support of agriculture and how he has been instrumental in assisting the alliance in conducting its Crawfish Boil on the Hill to meet Capitol staffer and members of Congress. The award will be officially presented to Alexander during the next Crawfish Boil on March 5.
The BASF-sponsored awards for 2012 NAICC Consultants of the Year went to Bryan Boroughs, Servi-Tech, Marysville, Ohio; Joe Turner, Turner Ag Consulting Company, Neola, Iowa; and Blaine Viator.
Grady Coburn, Pest Management Enterprises, LLC, Cheneyville, La., was recognized for his membership of 35 years and his charter membership assistance in helping organize the very first meeting of today’s NAICC—plus is continuous support of the organization.
The top recruiter of new members was Ed Plunkett with Monsanto. There were four other recruiters who were recognized for signing new members at the local level; they were David Bennett, Bennett Agricultural Research Corp., Richland, Iowa; Allan Miller, Agricultural Research of Wisconsin LLC, Madison, Wis.; Kathleen Meagher, Canada; and Marla Siruta, AgPro Partners Midwest LLC, Dana, Iowa.
Siruta, was also introduced to the crowd as the new board member for the alliance, and it was noted that she has already been chosen to serve as secretary of the board.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America