Mosaic to close Michigan potash mine, sell salt operation
U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co said that it would close its small potash mine at Hersey, Mich., and sell its salt operation.
The potash and phosphate producer also said it would exit its underperforming distribution businesses in Argentina and Chile.
- Aerial systems test sites following red tape rules
- Food shortages could be most critical world issue by mid-century
- Gene removal could have implications beyond plant science
- Climate-smart rice for Africa
- Belarus signals interest in resolving row with Uralkali
- Crop markets are mostly lower to start the week
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants