Mosaic to close Michigan potash mine, sell salt operation
U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co said that it would close its small potash mine at Hersey, Mich., and sell its salt operation.
The potash and phosphate producer also said it would exit its underperforming distribution businesses in Argentina and Chile.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease