Mosaic cuts outlook for 2013 global potash shipments
U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co lowered its outlook on Monday for 2013 global potash shipments, citing weaker demand in India and a delay in settling a second-half contract between its export agency Canpotex Ltd and China's Sinofert Holdings Ltd.
Mosaic Chief Financial Officer Larry Stranghoener, speaking to analysts in New York, said the company sees global potash shipments of 54 million to 55 million tonnes, down from its previous estimate of 55 to 57 million tonnes.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law