Mosaic cuts outlook for 2013 global potash shipments
U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co lowered its outlook on Monday for 2013 global potash shipments, citing weaker demand in India and a delay in settling a second-half contract between its export agency Canpotex Ltd and China's Sinofert Holdings Ltd.
Mosaic Chief Financial Officer Larry Stranghoener, speaking to analysts in New York, said the company sees global potash shipments of 54 million to 55 million tonnes, down from its previous estimate of 55 to 57 million tonnes.
- Northern corn leaf blight seen across Corn Belt
- EU wheat exporters to benefit from Black Sea turmoil
- Seeds keep vital much longer when stored without oxygen
- Global food safety agreement signed by China and UC Davis
- Weyerhaeuser and DuPont Pioneer sign license agreement
- Corn conditions dip slightly, but…