Morral Companies named ARA Retailer of the Year
Morral's efforts as part of the 4R program - including a supporting certification program, training custom applicators, educating growers and participating in water quality working groups - have contributed to cleaner water, fewer algal blooms and reduced phosphorus loads in Lake Erie and the regional watershed.
"We believe we can accomplish maximum economic yield with minimum environmental impact, and we can do our share to clean up the lake," said Sales Specialist John Oster. "There are many issues going on in that lake (Erie), but agriculture does take responsibility, and this is the way (Morral has) decided to go."
Watershed stakeholders in government and the general public have taken note of Morral's efforts and commitment.
"They have shown great courage by offering to pilot test the certification standard on their own operations," said Bill Stanley, Ohio Assistant State Director of The Nature Conservancy. "The Morral Company is an integral partner in our efforts to improve water quality while maintaining agricultural productivity. We appreciate their candor, progressive viewpoints and hospitality."
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement