Monsanto’s healthy oils soybeans ready for market
The SDA soybeans for long-chain SDA Omega-3 oil with heart-healthy property are at a point of anticipated USDA approval for production in the U.S. and then will need to be accepted for import by key global soybean customers. The FDA also needs to provide its last food safety declaration.
Monsanto has developed a biotech soybean that has 20 percent of this Omega 3 oil in it. “The oil can be processed like any other soybean oil; therefore, it is not expensive. And it can be incorporated directly into food. It tastes just like other soybean oil; so, there is no off flavor to it, but it has the health benefits of Omega 3,” said Fuchs.
The concept is for people to consume three foods a day that have this Omega 3 oil in them in order to consume the recommended daily intake of Omega 3. Food testing has proven the specialty oil can be put in and on any oil-based food; it works in dairy products, snack foods, beverages, baked foods, prepared foods and in general has very broad applications.
Fuchs said as important as anything for consumers to accept using the oil is how it rates in sensory evaluations, and it has received “very high” positive ratings by consumers. High acceptance by consumers means high volume of the specialty soybeans being grown from Monsanto seed.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.