Midwest rural ag safety and health conference, Nov. 14-16
The Midwest Rural Agricultural Safety and Health (MRASH) conference will be held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Nov. 14-16. The conference will provide updated information on agricultural and rural safety and health and strengthen collaborative efforts among researchers, practitioners, agricultural producers and medical professionals.
Day 1 of the conference will include sessions on: Pesticide exposure, ATV/roadway safety, Confined spaces, Respiratory protection, Models of prevention, Interventions, and Farm safety. Days 2 and 3 will focus on Confined space hazards: Grain safety- including a field demonstration at Amana Farms.
MRASH connects researchers, practitioners and producers to form a cooperative network to disseminate knowledge, implement interventions, and create social and behavioral change.
The intended audience is health care professionals; agricultural safety and occupational health and environmental health professionals; educators; agricultural engineers; commodity group representatives; farmers; employers of migrant farm workers; media and local, state and national policy makers.
$195 Full Registration – Wednesday Morning to Friday Noon
$175 Two Day Registration—Wednesday/Thursday or Thursday/Friday
$125 One Day Registration – Wednesday or Thursday
$50/day Student (must show student ID) or Independent Producer
Pre-registration is requested. Registration deadline is Friday, Nov. 9.
Registration fees include all program materials, instruction, continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks. All registration fees must be paid in advance of the conference. Additional details and registration are available online.
Payment methods: check or credit card.
Mail to: UI Center for Conferences 250 CEF Iowa City, IA 52242 FAX: 319-335-4039
For registration questions, contact Kelly Flinn at 319-335-4105 or email@example.com
For program questions contact Gayle Olson at 319-931-1351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.