Mid-America Alfalfa Expo & Conference to focus on forage
The Mid-America Alfalfa Expo & Conference has announced its program for the 2014 event, which is focused on forage technology.
Sponsored by the Nebraska Alfalfa Marketing Association (N.A.M.A.), the Mid-America Alfalfa Expo & Conference will be held at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney, Nebraska, February 4 and 5, 2014. The event is designed especially for alfalfa producers, livestock/dairy producers and others who are involved in alfalfa production, purchasing, hay feeding or processing.
"The use of technology in forage production is the primary theme this year," said Barb Kinnan, executive director of N.A.M.A. "We have two jam-packed days of information, education, and innovation—all designed to help hay and livestock producers leverage technology to improve production, performance and profitability." A large alfalfa industry trade show and fundraising auction are also included during the two-day event.
Presenters for 2014 include:
- Wayne Ohnseorg, a University of Nebraska extension educator, will discuss agricultural apps for tablets and smart phones—and how they can be used to improve efficiency in forage operations.
- Jeffrey Jackson with Winfield of Brookings, South Dakota, will present on forage seed technology.
- Michael Rethwisch, an extension educator with the University of Nebraska, will present an update on recent forage research in Nebraska including information on rust control in alfalfa.
A panel discussion on irrigation technology for forage producers will feature representatives from the four major pivot irrigation manufacturers in Nebraska and other irrigation technologies.
Registration includes admission to all presentations and programs, a Tuesday afternoon reception, dinner Tuesday evening, admission to the large alfalfa industry trade show and the opportunity to bid in the fundraising auction that takes place Tuesday afternoon. The auction features a wide range of items including seed, harvesting equipment, supplies and other valuable products and services.
Registration is $10 per person in advance (tickets must be purchased by noon, February 1, 2014) and $20 at the door. Participants under the age of 18 are admitted at no charge. Registration is available online at http://www.alfalfaexpo.com/. For more information, call 1.800.743.1649 or visit http://www.alfalfaexpo.com/.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.