Michelin North America introduces new 50-inch SprayBib tire
The new Michelin VF420/95R50 177D SprayBib will share all the qualities of the current 46-inch SprayBib range in the new, larger dimension designed for bigger sprayers that carry heavier loads. It will be launched in the replacement market beginning in September 2014, and can be ordered now on the model year 2015 John Deere R4045 sprayer.
“The reputation of the current 46-inch SprayBib has created demand from farmers and co-ops as they move up to larger sized sprayers,” says James Crouch, farm segment marketing manager for Michelin North America. “Farmers want this tire because it is the first VF solution for the 50-inch sprayer tire.”
Crouch says the Michelin VF420/95R50 SprayBib has a D speed rating that will allow for speeds up to 40 mph at a maximum load of 16,094 pounds. The new model, he said, offers the same features and benefits of the 46-inch SprayBib, both with Michelin’s Ultraflex technology, including:
- Capacity to carry the same load at up to a 40 percent reduction in air pressure compared to standard technology tires, or a greater load at the same pressure.
- A reinforced Michelin Ultraflex casing for a longer service life.
- Greater soil and crop protection, thanks to the lower air pressure resulting in up to a 16 percent larger footprint compared with tires using standard technology.
- Excellent road handling and responsiveness, even at a lower pressure.
For more information, farmers can contact their Michelin tire dealer or visit www.michelinag.com.
- Bio company plans new products in 2015
- Two major sustainability efforts announced by mayors
- September forecast raises corn yield
- USDA chief says urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- NGFA, other ag groups commend introduction of Senate rail bill
- Registration for AgGateway’s annual conference now open
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- USDA invites public comments on climate report