Mason City biodiesel plant acquisition completed
Renewable Energy Group completed the purchase of a 30-million gallon per year capacity biodiesel plant in Mason City, Iowa, formerly owned by Soy Energy, LLC.
Former Soy Energy, LLC unit holders approved the sale in a vote Monday, July 29. Pursuant to the purchase agreement, REG acquired the biorefinery for $11 million in cash and the issuance of a $5.6 million promissory note. Due to a post-closing adjustment, the note was reduced to $5.1 million.
“We are very pleased to bring REG Mason City into our fleet of biorefineries because it helps us move forward with our growth strategy,” said Daniel Oh, REG President and CEO. “We are happy to be restoring jobs to the community and look forward to working with local businesses as we work to re-open the plant.”
REG plans to repair and re-start the facility using soybean oil and low free fatty acid feedstocks by the end of the year. The acquisition brings the company’s total annual production capacity to 257 million gallons. REG now owns and operates eight active biorefineries. REG Mason City, LLC joins the company’s nearby plants in Newton and Ralston, Iowa and Albert Lea, Minnesota. REG also owns active plants in Illinois and Texas.
REG has begun the hiring process and expects to employ 15 to 25 full-time employees in family wage jobs when the plant is re-started.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.